Nearly 30 Million Children Suffer from Health Issues Related to Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB). That’s an estimated nine out of ten children that have SDB. Research has shown that SDB-induced oxygen deprivation is a major contributing factor to the childhood health disorders.
Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB) is an all-inclusive term for breathing difficulties, ranging from mild snoring all the to severe airway obstruction during sleep. When your child’s breathing is disrupted, his or her body recognizes the disruption much like choking, therefore, slowing the heart rate, raising the blood pressure, arousing the brain, ultimately disrupting sleep. Traditionally, there have been very few answers to treating this issue, but our doctors are now using Healthy Start to treat these issues.
Healthy Start Results from Real Patient
Open-bite corrected with Healthy Start System
Sleep Disordered Breathing in children can manifest itself in various symptoms that can easily be overlooked, misdiagnosed, and be left untreated can cause symptoms such as:
- Chronic Allergies
- Mouth Breathing
- Swollen Adenoids/Tonsils
- Frequent Headaches
- Teeth Grinding
- Frequently Waking up
- Excessively Sweating While Asleep
- Restless Sleep
- Irritability/ Aggressive Behavior
- Difficulty in School Subjects of Math, Science, and Spelling
- Arrested Growth
- Daytime Drowsiness
- Dark Circles under the eyes
Causes of Sleep-Disordered Breathing
Crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or mouth breathing can cause underdevelopment of the mouth and jaw when your child’s nasal and upper airway is constricted. The Healthy Start system works to guide your child’s teeth into their proper position, expanding and fully developing his or her mouth and jaw.
The Healthy Start System is an all-natural oral appliance therapy which addresses the root causes of SDB. The Healthy Start System has been specifically designed to promote the proper growth and development of the jaw and airway to optimize airflow and promote proper nasal breathing while straightening your child’s teeth. As these areas develop many of the symptoms of Sleep Disordered Breathing disappear. When kids can breathe properly, they can begin to learn, grow, and blossom into their true genetic potential.
The Healthy Start System™ is a revolutionary departure from traditional orthodontics that treats children early, is non-invasive, and is a natural way of straightening teeth. It works similar to braces, plastic aligners, surgery, or any other options to achieve a picture-perfect, beautiful smile. Thomas Gonzales D.D.S. and Jimmy Tran D.M.D. are one of only a few doctors in this area trained to offer this innovative new system!
Healthy Start Results from Real Patient
Overbite and Overjet
Overbite and overjet corrected with Healthy Start System for Preteens five years post-treatment.
Benefits of the Healthy Start System
The dentists at Sedation and Implant Dentistry work hard to bring their patients the most cutting- edge dental technology with the most benefits. When you choose the Healthy Start System, you experience the following benefits:
- All natural
- FDA approved
- Quiet and Easy to Use
- Prevent crooked teeth versus correcting crooked teeth
- Achieve permanent results
- Experience no discomfort
- Treats naturally working with your facial growth and development
How Can I Tell If My Child Has Sleep-Disordered Breathing?
Does it ever sounds like a freight train is running through your child’s room at night or as they lay asleep in back seat on the way home from a trip? Loud snoring is one very apparent indication that your child may have Sleep-Disordered Breathing. Gasping and snorting sounds while your child sleeps may catch you off guard or even make you momentarily worry. These sounds stem from your child moving from a deeper sleep to a lighter (towards waking up) struggling to breathe.
Depending On The Age Of Your Child The System Uses a Series Of Appliances
- Habit-Corrector: The habit-corrector eliminates or improves current oral habits that can damage your child’s dental health. He or she wears the habit-corrector at night while sleeping. With a design similar to that of a pacifier, your child will become used to wearing a device in his or her mouth every night. This step lasts about 1-5 months.
- Second Phase: Your child will get an appliance customized and sized for your child to wear every night. It aids the incoming teeth into their proper places, corrects jaw relations, and expands your child’s arches for the incoming adult teeth. Your child will wear this device for 2-6 months.
- Final Phase: The final treatment begins with a device that accommodates incoming adult teeth. It begins when your child has at least 4 permanent teeth. This phase is extremely important because his or her adult teeth are forming and the gum tissue fibers are starting to attach the teeth in the mouth. Healthy Start works perfectly to ensure the teeth erupt into proper alignment.
Consider The Healthy Start System
Dr. Gonzales D.D.S. and Dr. Tran D.M.D. only offer time-tested and proven procedures to their patients. Researchers and developers have carefully designed the Healthy Start System, adaptable to each patient’s individual needs. Their ability to determine the optimal Healthy Start System for your child makes them the dentists you want to correct your child’s Sleep Disordered Breathing symptoms.