Before your next appointment with Dr. Gonzales and Dr. Tran read over the following preventative health and wellness tips. Many factors may affect your overall health that can be controllable, while others may be uncontrollable such as your genetic makeup or your age. You can make positive changes to your lifestyle by taking small steps toward healthy living in order to beat the controllable pieces of your health. You have the opportunity to reduce your overall risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, obesity, diabetes and other common chronic diseases by playing an active role in the management of your health and wellness. Some examples of positive healthy steps you can incorporate in your life are:
- See your doctor for regular screenings not just when you are sick
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a variety of healthy foods, and limit excess calories and saturated fat
- Be physically active
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Quit smoking
- Protect yourself from too much sun exposure.
If you have any questions, please give our office a call at (949) 727-0777.